Prev: Re: [GZG] DS3? Next: Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)

Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 16:56:23 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

At 3:31 PM -0400 7/9/08, John Lerchey wrote:
>Dave,
>
>Yeah, I fully agree.  It would make for some neat side-bar kinds of
actions during a normally restricted game.  We do it with air assets as
well - call in a ground attack strike, move the fliers in, hit things,
and go away.  No reason not to allow an air cav unit or whatever to hold
off in the wings, or fly out to hit enemy artillery, or whatever.  Opens
up some neat possibilities.

I would suggest that you put the action in an abstracted form where the
scout element searches for it on graph paper or something.

>From my readings on scouting and recce assets of wwii, you rarely went
out looking for a specific unit, sometimes you'd come across one at a
particular feature, but when something like an artillery unit was found
it was usually by chance.
-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -

Prev: Re: [GZG] DS3? Next: Re: [GZG] GW and Re: Artillery considerations (was: Re: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!)