Prev: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations Next: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 12:39:56 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Artillery considerations

but the off table stonks are likely to be arranged against predetermined
targets, I could imagine turn 1 of the game being the artillery landing,
or maybe it's the attacker launching the artillery and the defender
doing their bit to stop the barrage.
I see long range artillery as being good at dealing with fixed
obstacles but flight time of the munitions could make it difficult to
hit mobile units from range. If the artilelry get too close they risk
being attacked by enemy armour units. The old horse archer vs javalin
armed light cavalryman challange.