Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] SG2-WW2

[GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 11:32:36 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

ian said:

Some believe in their cause and some are just bored enough to get
involved in a pointless argument.  I would love to find a civilied topic
that compares various wargames systems but you an bet that hardliners
would
turn it into a "my system (something written in the last year) is better
than your system (ditto)" argument.

==> Probably. I find GW is a bit like Microsoft. They provoke a
reaction, be
it pro or anti, in most folk. I find I like parts of what they've done
and
dislike others. Unfortunately for them, the parts I dislike are some of
the
core parts (miniatures style, for instance) and thus it turns me off
buying
it. Plus like John Atkinson, I'm not a big fan of 'tournaments'. But
much
like John, I figure if someone likes it, go for it. Just don't be down
on me
for not thinking the same way.

I still consider the first scifi wargames rules I ever bought (Laserburn
by TTG) about 20 years ago good rules since they were easy to alter.Then
again I bought nearly eveything TTG produced.

==> For me, that might have been Striker.

Battletech/Mechwarrior has always been a odd idea to me since even
though
it's enjoyable, I can't equate it with a "wargame".  Whenever possible,
used my custom built PPG-armed	fast hovercraft to make like miserable
for
the walking targets.

==> I quite enjoyed the tracklayer with the AC-10. One good headshot
could
really ruin a mecha-driver's day.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] SG2-WW2