Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

From: Mark Kinsey <Kinseym@p...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 18:13:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

Jon asked:

What style(s) of SF ground combat game do you prefer, and why?

Possible categories:

(a) "Realistic" games that are a serious projection of current
technology/tactics/organisatio
n, with a few SF ideas added?

(b) Games based in a specific "hard SF" background, true to the
source material even if some of it has already been overtaken by Real
World stuff (Hammer's Slammers and Aliens are prime examples...)?

(c) Games where the background (deliberately) has no connection with
our real world, eg Star Wars?

(d) anything else you can think of....?

I'm pretty committed to playing in the Traveller universe so I'd have to

say (b)

-Mark

Prev: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi! Next: Re: [GZG] Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!