Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:44:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

What style(s) of SF ground combat game do you prefer, and why?

Possible categories:

(a) "Realistic" games that are a serious projection of current
technology/tactics/organisation, with a few SF ideas added?

Most Enjoyable.

(b) Games based in a specific "hard SF" background, true to the
source material even if some of it has already been overtaken by Real
World stuff (Hammer's Slammers and Aliens are prime examples...)?

Can be enjoyable.

(c) Games where the background (deliberately) has no connection with
our real world,  eg Star Wars?

Can be fun, but I tend to enjoy the above two categories more.

(d) anything else you can think of....?

Not really that falls into the genre.

In general I like the GZG series because I enjoy the ability to adapt
and
home-brew the range of scales for my own setting. I've used it for
Cyberpunk, I've used it for Traveller, I've used it for CyberTraveller
(see
a progression?), and I've run games in the GZG-verse as well.

David Rodemaker