Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

From: "Jason Weiser" <jason.weiser@g...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:57:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

On 7/1/08, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
> A quick poll-type question where everyone can chip in with their
opinions:

>  What style(s) of SF ground combat game do you prefer, and why?
>
>  Possible categories:
>
>  (a) "Realistic" games that are a serious projection of current
>  technology/tactics/organisation, with a few SF ideas added?

I like this if it's written well, and imaginitive, and I have been
seeing a lot of well done ideas here, including the Tuffleyverse.

>  (b) Games based in a specific "hard SF" background, true to the
>  source material even if some of it has already been overtaken by Real
>  World stuff (Hammer's Slammers and Aliens are prime examples...)?

Yes, I game here a lot, including Hammers Slammers, Traveller and
2300, to name a few (Kravak make great Kafers). I also do
post-apoclayptic Cold War moderns in 20mm (aka Twilight 2000 related).

>  (c) Games where the background (deliberately) has no connection with
>  our real world,  eg Star Wars?

Not real nuts about this kind of gaming, for the most part though I do
do 15mm Stargate (my version, with Army Rangers and Delta coming out
to play) and Terminator in 15mm.