Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 13:47:31 +0300
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Another question: SF game styles...?

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
> A quick poll-type question where everyone can chip in with their
opinions:

> What style(s) of SF ground combat game do you prefer, and why?
>
> Possible categories:
>
> (a) "Realistic" games that are a serious projection of current
> technology/tactics/organisation, with a few SF ideas added?
>
> (b) Games based in a specific "hard SF" background, true to the
> source material even if some of it has already been overtaken by Real
> World stuff (Hammer's Slammers and Aliens are prime examples...)?
>
> (c) Games where the background (deliberately) has no connection with
> our real world,  eg Star Wars?
>
> (d) anything else you can think of....?

Yes.

As long as everyone at the table is playing the same game the same way
at the same time, any of those can be fun.  Problems only arise where
in a "generic" pickup game one person is playing it one way, someone
else is playing it the other.

John
from Baghdad
and again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani