Prev: Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale. Next: Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale.

Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale.

From: davebill <davebill@c...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:16:59 +1200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale.

Robert said:

> My young admirals have been talking about including space habitats in
> FT games, and being the lads they are, this has led to discussions
> about building suitable models. More power to them, but it brings up
> the question of scale and suitable materials.

I've built an ESU mining station from a plastic pudding container, a
drawer
knob and various bits and pieces, and plated the 'hull' with paper
"plates" - undercoat in black and then dry brush with something like
Codex
Grey or a muddy white, the black shows through the gaps between the
plates.
Picture here:

http://billinghurst.spalding.gen.nz/Webstuff/hobbies/starshipgalleryship
s.html

Other things I've considered are the containers CDs/DVDs come in or even

some of the plastic packages door fittings and other hardware come in,
as
you're only modelling half the station (the other half extends below the

table top). As for size, bigger than an battleship, but not much bigger,

otherwise it takes up too much room. If people worry about the relative
size
then just say it's further away :)

David

Prev: Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale. Next: Re: [GZG] Space habitats and scale.