Prev: [GZG] Traveller love (Was: Re: Under the Hammer) Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller

Re: [GZG] Traveller

From: "Michael R. Blair" <pellinoire@y...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 06:21:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Traveller

I finally picked up my copy of Mongoose's version of Traveller on
Friday. My FLGS is an 80 mile round trip away which is not a lot of fun
as Belfast is in the way. Slightly annoyed as well that nothing else I
had ordered over a month ago was there including the book they told me
they had.
I am quite impressed and surprisingly not bothered by the artwork but
then of course I have a large collection of old GURPS books so one
becomes inured to rubbish artwork. I still think the original Traveller
books were among the best illustrated RPG books of any with basically no
artwork at all and a nice clear layout.
The vehemence of some of the comments on the TMP aimed at Mongoose is
astonishing.

 "It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer has
done what has been done."
Cardinal Richelieu, in The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

Prev: [GZG] Traveller love (Was: Re: Under the Hammer) Next: Re: [GZG] Traveller