Prev: Re: [GZG] Mold life times... Next: Re: [GZG] Mold life times...

Re: [GZG] Mold life times...

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 14:09:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mold life times...

>Mike Stanczyk wrote:
>>  Every Falcon produced for the last THIRTY YEARS has been off the
>>same mold? Oh my god.
>>
>>  I bet Jon wishes his molds had that kind of life...
>>
>Well, if he was moulding plastic and could afford the cost of injection
>moulds, they might... It's not that unusual for injection moulds to
last
>a long time, though having the same model in production for 30 years
>could be said to be exceptional.
>
>Just how old are the ex-CMD moulds anyway?

Pretty much all the old CMD moulds have now been replaced, we only
ever use an old one here and there for casting up "specials" that
aren't in the current range. Generally nitrile (black rubber) moulds
are good for several hundred spins, sometimes many times more that
this, but it all depends on undercuts and stuff.

Jon (GZG)