Prev: Re: [GZG] Bovine Rebuttal Next: Re: [GZG] Mold life times...

Re: [GZG] Mold life times...

From: Frits Kuijlman <frits@k...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:28:57 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Mold life times...

Phillip Atcliffe wrote:

> Mike Stanczyk wrote:
> > Every Falcon produced for the last THIRTY YEARS has been off the
same mold? Oh my god.

> > I bet Jon wishes his molds had that kind of life...
> >
> Well, if he was moulding plastic and could afford the cost of
injection
> moulds, they might... It's not that unusual for injection moulds to
last
> a long time, though having the same model in production for 30 years
> could be said to be exceptional.

A recent quote on frothers for an injection mould for 12 figures was
in the range of 15k to 20k UKP. A lot less than it used to be (100k?),
but I still think a bit too much for the niche Jon's goodies are in.

Frits

--
Frits Kuijlman					    frits@kuijlman.net
Delft, The Netherlands

Prev: Re: [GZG] Bovine Rebuttal Next: Re: [GZG] Mold life times...