Prev: Re: [GZG] More advanced screens Next: Re: [GZG] More advanced screens

Re: [GZG] More advanced screens

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 08:23:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] More advanced screens

I would say no, because there aren't any weapons with AP effects
attested in the book. Also, every ship in the CoD universe uses the
Langston Field as its defense; there'd be no reason for anything other
than AP weapons if one was invented. The Field absorbs all kinds of
energy-- including kinetic, proportional to the (cube? fourth power?)
of the incoming energy. In the book, burn-throughs seem to happen
mostly from torpedoes, whereas most of the energy you pump into the
Field comes from the laser batteries.

That's why I like threshold checks for modeling burn-throughs.

Rob

--
Robert Mayberry

Prev: Re: [GZG] More advanced screens Next: Re: [GZG] More advanced screens