Prev: Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help

Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:48:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help

ions:
1) aforementioned magnets + presumably round brass tubing - buy good
rare
earth magnets for strength
2) square brass tubing and no magnets (don't need them) - keeps ships
straight (mount size X brass square tubing perpendicular to metal base,
mount size X - 1 tubing (fits inside of X) into ship mount point. For
extra
points, make small collar of size X tubing to glue to ship's stud for
better
fit. Use plastic metal as required for filler or thick zap-a-gap. Can
use
other filler putties as well (THIS IS HOW I DO MY FLEET)
3) I use plastic clear GW flight bases for my 25mm vehicles that should
hover or fly. Drill a bit deeper into the model and make sure they are
well
settled. To ground, lift off base. Too easy.
4) Ship bases from Ninja Magic (sp?) that use the magnet and rod
approach
may be purchased prefabricated (except for mounting magnet stud to ship
or
vehicle). Buy a few bases, a pile of studs, and you've got a flexible
mounting solution.

All 4 allow flat or near flat shipping of ship without base. Need fewer
bases than ships. 1 and 2 require a bit of care in fabrication, but are
cheap. 3 is easiest, but be careful not to get heavy vehicle too high up
or
tippage will ensue. 4 is least labour but most cost I suspect.

TomB

--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help