Prev: Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help

Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:27:58 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help

On  May23 08, at 07:34, Mark Kinsey wrote:

> What's the best way to use these? Ideally I'd like to have the
> option of
> removing them so my vehicle can ground/wreck during the game.
>
> I've noticed that they tend to bend. Should I cut them shorter or
> replace the shaft with brass or aluminum rod?
>
> Ideas? Things you did?

Ok, I have done a couple of things.

For starship minis, I got a mess of GW small flight bases and
replaced the stems with 1/8in brass tube, and for the minis I got the
next size down brass tube that would fit into the 1/8th and mounted
that to the ship minis. I put a dab of thin CA glue inside the 1/8th
and threaded them together. I haven't had one come apart yet.

For 15mm vehicles I did pretty much the same using GWs large flight
bases, adding the next size larger tube than 1/8th as reinforcement
around the 1/8th stem as the figures are larger and I wanted some
taller flight stands. Also I didn't glue the figures stem into the
flight stands as I did with the starship minis so I could represent
different flight levels. I now have collection of interchangeable
stands of 1in, 3in and 6in heights. for the taller stands I found
some 2 1/2in heavy metal washers and glued them to the bottom of the
3 & 6 inch stands to make them less top heavy.

For crashes I generally remove the vehicle from the stand and let it
lay lop-sided on the table with smoke and fire markers, and the look
fairly good that way.

I also tend to make a low 1in stand for every vehicle so they have
something to sit on even if out of play.

Hope this helps.

Evyn MacDude
infojunky@ceecom.net

"When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House
Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but
neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that
of any other participant, may be revealed"

Prev: Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help Next: Re: [GZG] 15mm Vehicle Stands Help