Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep

Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=PERSONAL]

From: "Robyn Stott" <rodstott@a...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:53:31 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep [TOBECLASSIFIED] [SEC=PERSONAL]

Wouldn't you also have to factor in - no direct routes - the freighter
making multiple stops to load and unload cargo.

Gravity
Eggs, well don't they just break like eggs...

Thrusting something like that up out of gravity will require special
packing, (a lot of effort and weight/bulk), otherwise, well you have
just
packed one grat big omlette. The same might go for thrusting - though
rapid
thrust changes shouldn't occur on a civilian freighter.

Next you might have to worry about quarintine issues, like all fresh
produce
it may need to be held in quarintine for a period of time to make sure
no
nasties are present (Eggs for example are banned from importation in
Australia because of quarintine issues, unless you have special permits,
or
the goods can be treated to make it safe).

This means that the price of a egg would be worth a lot - especially if
it
was a fresh egg.

Robyn