Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep Next: [GZG] Invading Mars (was FTverse colinies)

Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 00:12:41 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Peter Engebos wrote:

> In Traveller Supplement 7 - Traders and Gunboats, the Empress Marava
far trader is specifically listed as having extra large low berths (Cryo
units) for the transport of live stock.  Though how they got the live
stock up the 5' square elevator and down the 5' wide corridor and
through the doorway (with its 90 degree turn from the hall) was never
adequately explained.

> And Star Frontiers had dedicated ag ships for hauling produce and
animals, also.

> >On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:53:19AM +0200, Enzo de Ianni wrote:
>
>> For six trivia points, which SF game setting had a ship listing for a
>> live animal transport?
>

> "Here at Ortillery Command we have at our diposal hundred megawatt
laser beams, mach 20 titanium rods and guided thermonuclear bombs. Some
people say we think that we're God. We're not God. We just borrowed his
SMITE button for our fire control system"

Say, does Ortillery Command drop frozen cows from orbit?   Burgers and
Bar-B-Q
fresh and REALLY Hot?

And to blow off steam, do you drop giant wooden badgers from orbit?

And minstrals too?

Mike

Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipping sheep Next: [GZG] Invading Mars (was FTverse colinies)