Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies and FTL communications

Re: [GZG] How fast is FTL in GZGverse?

From: "Robert Mayberry" <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:05:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] How fast is FTL in GZGverse?

I'm a big fan of the FTL system in Mote. I also like that for the most
part you had to be motionless (with respect to a complex set of axes)
to use the drive (though the Moties did admittedly figure out a way to
come out of FTL with huge initial velocities).

You still get choke points at habitats, planets and other objectives
in the GZG system, but it also opens the door to fly-throughs at
relativistic velocities, which I think would strategically make things
like planetary bombardment almost impossible to defend against.

--
Robert Mayberry

Prev: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies Next: Re: [GZG] FTverse colinies and FTL communications