Prev: Re: [GZG] Sheep lawnmowers (was: RE: Mineresistantvehicles)[SEC=PERSONAL] Next: Re: [GZG] How fast is FTL in GZGverse?

Re: [GZG] How fast is FTL in GZGverse?

From: "Ryan GIll" <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:35:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] How fast is FTL in GZGverse?

I think the ftl jumps were to be instantaneous, but you had dispertion
issues and you had recharge times on the ftl jump drives. Military units
being faster to recharge and smaller exploration craft and scoutships
having longer legs. Gravity wells were also an issue requiring that a
craft jump out/into of system beyond a certain distance from a star and
that transit time also being a factor in the game.

I seem to recall that the psb had the context of jumps between star
systems being hard to coordinate, with fleets prefering to jump to
preset coordinates in 3d space to adjust the gaggle of ships with
formations for combat adjusted once you go to a proximate distance to a
given system. Transit time into such a system being an issue again of
warning for the system defenders.

--
Ryan Gill
sent from my treo