Prev: Re: [GZG] Imperium (GDW/AP) ships as FT SSD's Next: Re: [GZG] Imperium (GDW/AP) ships as FT SSD's

Re: [GZG] FTverse colonies

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:21:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FTverse colonies

Tom B wrote:
> I was wondering if NI could be following a heavy reproduction regime
> (essentially case high) while the other nations were following a
> normal (case average) regime.

I was assuming a mixed case between Medium and High when I was
developing my NI history. I gave NI a 2194 population of abut 34
million offworld, and 5 million Jews (not technically NI) on Earth and
3 million more scattered through the Core worlds/Inner colonies. That
actually makes a fairly isolationist assumption - that most Jews would
in fact congregate to the NI colony worlds instead of simply making up
a fraction of a percent of most general populations.

I also followed the line that NI bought second-hand ships from the
major powers early on, progressing to contract buying, progressing to
a home-built space navy.

regarding Jon's caveat about the GZGverse and timeline. One of the
things that's become clear to me,: in the arena of space combat sims,
the GZGverse is a full blown genre of its own given the popularity of
the minis and the rule set. So flashing this stuff out, while all in
good fun, is as engaging as understanding EA history in the Babylon 5
Universe, or the galaxy map and relationships in Trek.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Imperium (GDW/AP) ships as FT SSD's Next: Re: [GZG] Imperium (GDW/AP) ships as FT SSD's