Prev: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought. Next: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought.

[GZG] Fighter Pilot Surival (wasRe: Multi-level rules sought)

From: docagren@a...
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:39:24 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Fighter Pilot Surival (wasRe: Multi-level rules sought)

What we use in my local Campaign for Fighter Pilots.

    Fighter recovery rules: roll 1 die for each fighter (Green Pilots -1

to roll, Vet +1, Elite +2)
    1-3: pilot killed, fighter destroyed
    4-5: pilot recovered, fighter destroyed
    6: pilot recovered, fighter recovered (just needs some duct tape
:-P
).
	Each squadron has 3 replacement pilots.

In Memory of Russ Manduca 7/22/67-1/8/08

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who
have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for
anything else thereafter.
    ~ Ernest Hemmingway

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:52:00 -0400
From: Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com>

Just a brain-wrapping note, you can always PSB it that fighter kills
are not
necessarily outright destruction of the fighter and death of the pilot,
but
more of a 'combat kill', rendering the fighter no longer capable of
combat
and returns to its base ship if possible. So the pilot survives, just
isn't
able to finish the fight this time around. There are ways to represent
this
in actual game play if you want to track 'combat kills' and 'actual
destructions', but it makes life a lot more complicated.

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought. Next: Re: [GZG] Multi-level rules sought.