Prev: Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:21:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

--- Allan Goodall <agoodall@hyperbear.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Peter Thoenen <eol1@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> >  Also you used "lite" properly everywhere except the download itself
> >  (http://downloads.groundzerogames.net/FTLrules.pdf) where you say
> >  "light" all the time .. can you change the PDF and re-upload ...
looks
> >  amateurish as a result
>
> Actually, Full Thrust is a British product. As such, it uses proper
> English, where the word "lite" does not exist and is an abomination!
> :-)
>
> (I'm sort of kidding, but in truth "lite" is an Americanization that
> doesn't exist in British (or Canadian, and I don't think Australian)
> English, so his use of "light" is actually correct.)

<delurk>

Just to set the record straight, while "Lite" is used colloquially by a
lot of
Americans, it only appears in marketing/advertising associated with a
single
product, since it is both a brand name and a registered trademark of
Miller
Brewing Co. in the US (and I presume everywhere else that their lawyers
can
reach).

<re-lurk>

Prev: Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite