Prev: Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite

Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:13:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters

A friend of mine has an edition of the 'compact two volume unabridged
OED' -- the one with each book at 22" x 14", the whole thing weighs
about
40 or 50 pounds and comes with it's own bar magnifier.	Whew.

JGH

Ken Hall wrote:
> I think the _full_ OED runs to twenty volumes. I'd like to get a set,
> plus the full current Britannica, and a full set of the 1911
Britannica...

> ...and then I think my wife would kill me in my sleep, and I doubt
there
> would be a jury who would vote to convict....
>
> Best,
> Ken
>
> */Tony Wilkinson <twilko@ozemail.com.au>/* wrote:
>
>     Yeah but is it as bad as the two volume Macquarie *Australian*
>     English Dictionary. I'll take on your OED anyday. ;-)
>
>     Tony.
>
>     Michael wrote:
>>     We have a copy of the OED, you DON'T want to get hit with it!
>>

>>     Michael Brown
>>     mwsaber6@msn <mailto:mwsaber6@msn>

** Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan -
TBFTGOGGI **
  "When the day goes down on the Water town; when the sun sinks low all
around
    That's when I know I need you now; You're what I miss, every little
kiss"
			    -- Bruce Hornsby and the Range, "Every
Little Kiss"

Prev: Re: [GZG] LITE, LIGHT and other painful matters Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Lite