Prev: Re: [GZG] ESU ships names (Look from the Russian side) Next: Re: [GZG] ESU ships names (Look from the Russian side)

Re: [GZG] ESU ships names (Look from the Russian side)

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 00:07:25 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] ESU ships names (Look from the Russian side)

On  Apr04 08, at 12:05, Doug Evans wrote:

> We tend to name carriers after famous personages (Ronald Reagan,
> *shudder*), but there will probably always be an Enterprise, and I can
> always hope to see Saratoga, or Wasp returned to full carrier status.

Hum... Now that brings up memories... Sitting on Anchor detail aboard
the
Constellation (CV 63 and a half) 20 some odd years ago trying to name
all the carriers in the USN (Note this was after 2 weeks in Subic
Bay) and
we came up with CVN-71 Richard Milhouse Nixon, we went so far as
attempting to make letterhead for our NEW carrier. Our Booter-Brown-Bar
was not amused....

Evyn MacDude
infojunky@ceecom.net

"When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House
Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but
neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that
of any other participant, may be revealed"