Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] Genghis Con: Age of Eagles and others

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:39:29 EST
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

Well, I think JA's point on how the media would spin the Autonomous
Weapons
engaging "civilians", with Lethal Force.   And if that "Armored Bot" is
all
that there, holding the line...   U know someone going to try to cross
it by
taunting it.   Never mind what happens if a "Robot" trooper goes Beserk
and
engages civilians or friendly forces.

Now as I said before I do have a lack of SG2 play, but I would like if
you
are adding "Bots" then to have the ability to use them they did in the
SciFi
novel "Warbots" by G. Harry Stine.   For 1 thing the back of these book,
showed a
TOE for the unit.   And the basic of idea was after going to "a Warbot
force"
the US is slowly intergrating humans back into forces..   but I could be

wrong been a # of years since I read them..   But I do remember if the
Human
operator was interfaced when the Unit was destroyed, then U also KOed
the Human as
well.

In Memory of Russ Manduca 7/22/67-1/8/08

DOCAGREN

Just a Lurker here on the Digest, But maybe I have a good idea or 2..
    :-)
Or a few questions, that need answering

In a message dated Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:53:03 -0700, "Binhan Lin" writes:

> John,
> I think your arguments basically boil down to experience.
>
> Is this scenario is any different than a nervous MP or National Guard
guy
> being placed in a bad situation at a bad time - there are many
instances of
> improperly trained or equipped troops facing a large mob and then
firing
> live rounds after being sparked by a bottle or stone, simply because
the
> troops "felt" they were in danger.  Is a soldier's intuition of
danger any
> different than a computer's analytical determination of the
situation?  In
> both cases, it depends on the "training" or "programming" to make the
> correct decision.  Part of mob psychology is shaped by what the
police
> forces do - if the mob sense fear, it may embolden some to attack.
Throwing
> a rock and hitting a person is more morally stimulating than throwing
a rock
> and hitting a slab of armored plate. (i.e. this is why armored cars
are so
> imposing in riot situations- people know that a rock isn't going to do
> squat.)

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy
Awards. Go to AOL Music.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] Genghis Con: Age of Eagles and others