Prev: Re: [GZG] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

From: Damo <damosan@g...>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:06:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?

On Feb 10, 2008, at 8:51 AM, John Atkinson wrote:

> Nanites have been discussed to death on this list.
>
> Eventually the discussion runs down to this, every single time:

[snip]

I hear ya.  I think it's an exercise in restraint myself -- just
because you can EVENTUALLY end at a particular point doesn't mean you
have to game AT that point in time.

But having said that I guess a common theme is we should ignore every
possibly fun scifi development because some power-gamer of the future
will abuse it.	It's almost like you shouldn't even bother discussing
*anything* because 200 messages later someone will say "two blobs
converge on each other and that isn't fun."

Prev: Re: [GZG] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question: was Re: [SG3]: What if?