Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

From: Adrian1 <al.ll@t...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:09:27 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?

I saw a report a long time ago that suggested that H2H weapons had a
more obscure result in combat than missile weapons because:

    * With missile weapons, you tend to be at considerable distance from
      you target and fire at them until they stop firing at you.  This
      may be for a number of reasons - fear, shock, wounds or death.  Of
      these, three of these would leave the target in condition for some
      action to need to be taken while death doesn't.  After a battle,
      cause of death is very rarely bothered about so how a person died
      isn't normally recorded.

    * With melee weapons, you are unlikely to stop trying to kill the
      enemy until they are actually dead.  If they're dead, then their
      dead.  No action needed.	I don't believe there are many wounded
      from a H2H fight, at least on the losing side.

This means there is no accurate record of how effective H2H weapons are
because they leave few if any survivors.

I'm not saying they are effective, merely that records will never
accurately reflect how effective they are.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG3]: What if?