Prev: Re: [GZG] Shield Reinforcement? Next: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Season's Greetings and Offer News!

Re: [GZG] Shield Reinforcement?

From: Ken Hall <khall39@y...>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:08:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Shield Reinforcement?

it too, at least provisionally. In fact, one could envision different
ships in the same engagement using hemispheric shields and shield
pumping respectively: "Oh, sure, you guys in your fancy Block Two-Delta
Imperturbables get the hemispheric shields, but the Popular Assembly is
too busy buying votes with the dole to retrofit the tubs we have to fly
with 'em."

  I'd bet the Admiralty would order the Bureau of Construction and
Repair (or in my case, the General Board would order BuShips) to
fail-safe the advanced shield generators to prohibit pumping, too. Can't
have some bright boy or girl in the center chair being too clever and
taking down his/her ship's shields at a critical moment....

  Ken
  United Systems

Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:

Mike Hudak wrote on 12/20/2007 06:25:46 AM:

> Another shield reinforcement idea....
>
> Captain 'pumps' the shield to effectively the next level. Level 1
> shields become level 2, Level 2 shields become level '3'.

Part of my original post: "Then I wondered about buying a shield upgrade
with points on the plotted arc." ;->=

I should have said 'for the turn', but how often does what we write SEEM
obvious to when written. No pumping to level one, and a level three
shields
would take special rules: banned, or no pumping, or...

> At the end of the turn, regardless of damage taken, a separate
threshold
> check at current level -1 is performed on the shield. If the threshold
> fails, the shield is destroyed (burned out...)

Didn't think about burnout; I like it!

Whether the arcs are six, four, or two in number could be left to taste.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] Shield Reinforcement? Next: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Season's Greetings and Offer News!