Prev: Re: [GZG] [Terrain] Dwarven Forge rant Re: Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] Container size in GZG unverse

Re: [GZG] [Terrain] Dwarven Forge rant Re: Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:18:16 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [Terrain] Dwarven Forge rant Re: Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

James wrote on 11/17/2007 09:52:39 AM:

> The person who designed the Sci-Fi sets for Dwarven Forge is Tony
> Colasante. He did a bunch of stuff for Armorcast as well. He has his
> own terrain studio now called Griffon Studios. Makes some pretty
> cool stuff. The terrain not matching up wasn't a design issue on his
> end, btw-DF didi something when they made the molds.

Fanboy... ;->=

Yes, I saw the name on the site; you must remember, between giving
specs,
molding, returning proofs to company, back and forth a few times,
shipped
off to China, more of the same, then ok'd and shipped out, it's a wonder
any of it works!

Samuel wrote on 11/17/2007 10:10:02 AM:

***snippage**

> I've noticed that, but put it down to different styles of passages
> rather than compatibility. There are tiles which connect the wide
> passages to the narrow passages.

Really? I thought I'd tried matching things up right proper...

Back to the shop!

> I've got over a dozen boxes of the dungeon sets, which is a nice
> amount for fantasy roleplaying. I've only a few starter boxes of the
> SF range however, which limits what I can do.

***retrieves jaw from the floor***

And this before the exchange rate had moved towards your advantage?!?

I've never bought at more expensive than 50% of retail; you must REALLY
like it.

> I've had bad experiences in ordering stuff from the States, so don't
> like to do it, especially for something big and bulky like this.
>
> I have contacted DF to see if they will start shipping their goods to
> stores in the UK, and they keep on saying they have plans to do so,
> but all the supplies I used to buy from have had no luck in getting
> any (despite trying).

Tell you what: I'm planning on getting a Beta to see how it'd work out.
Had
a favor or several done by Brits (Thanks, Tony!); maybe we can work a
transship if you're willing to try small...

The_Beast