Prev: Re: [GZG] Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: Re: [GZG] [Terrain] Dwarven Forge rant Re: Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

[GZG] [Terrain] Dwarven Forge rant Re: Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 07:30:37 -0600
Subject: [GZG] [Terrain] Dwarven Forge rant Re: Shipboarding'uninvited' [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Sam wrote on 11/17/2007 02:47:58 AM:

> Old Crow (was Ainsty) do some nice SF/Urban walls/floors:
>
> http://www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk/aiproducts.htm
>
> The best I've found are the SF sets from Dwarven Forge (mostly because
> they come pre-painted), however getting hold of these from someone in
> the UK these days is almost impossible:
>
> http://www.dwarvenforge.com/store/home.php?cat=270
>
> Their SF range is small compared to the fantasy ones they do.

You have to be a bit careful with old stock Dwarven Forge. The earliest
sets have a slight, well, huge in my eyes, compatibility problem. The
first
set (Starter) had the walls 'on' the tiles, leaving partial tile squares
around the edges, while the later walled set (Passages) had the walls
offset, so full tiles all around. Alpha set didn't have walls.

Doesn't sound like much, until you try to match up walls, and had some
nasty looking gaps, especially with angled walls.

Haven't seen the Beta set up close, and I see the Starter's are 'out of
stock' at DF. Just be aware if you see them in a bargain bin; make sure
you
can buy several copies of one or another just to have enough that fit.

With a set at home, and 3-4 store copies of each, no problem for me.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried dealing with DF directly? These
seem
scarce in stores in the US, though I haven't looked to see if we can
stock
it. I think the pricing/discount scheme pretty much says direct only.

The_Beast