Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] SELWG CANCELLATION, and the NO-SELWG SALE.... Next: Re: [GZG] Microcarriers (was: NewCampaign)

Re: [GZG] Microcarriers (was: NewCampaign)

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 19:41:07 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Microcarriers (was: NewCampaign)

Hi

We play scatter packs against ordinance does D3 hits and against heavy
fighters is D3-1.

We do have multirole fighter technology.

Unfortunately I didn't chose that technology so I don't have that
capability.

My fighters are robots and don't even get the luxury of internal hanger
bays
so I can't refuel them in a tactical battle.However racks only take up 6

mass so I get 50% more

I am not convinced that people should "pay" for expenable munitions in a

campaign. In order for that to balance out they would have to be
significantly better on the tactical map or they would just become
marginalised.

Its often difficult to take a tactical combat game and try and translate
it
into a campaing game when the points are balanced for the tactical game.
think the points are ballanced for the tactical game so we don't need to

handicap players further. Also what is the cost of the expendible
munition?
For fighters it's a bit visible but for missiles and MKPs its not.

In this campaign we have 10 players each with their own fleet, there are

some similarities but plenty of variation.

There have been some fun battles so far.