Prev: Re: [GZG] for the Babylon 5 fans out there... Next: AARs (was: Re: [GZG] for the Babylon 5 fans out there...)

Re: [GZG] for the Babylon 5 fans out there...

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 07:26:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] for the Babylon 5 fans out there...

Robert wrote on 07/13/2007 12:48:25 AM:

> It's not so much the region codes I mind as the fact that
> they stuck
> Australia in with South America. I mean sorry, but we
> don't have much
> in common linguistically, economically or culturally. Our non-home-
> grown TV programs and movies mostly come from the UK or
> the USA. I'm
> not sure whether to blame stupidity or malice, but stupidity is
> generally more common.

Trust me, I noticed. Not the dumbest thing I heard of, but does merit
the
stupidity/laziness-of-thought appellation.

Robert wrote on 07/13/2007 01:03:41 AM:

> As I understand it, there is no such thing as an NTSC or
> PAL DVD. The
> data is encoded on the disk in a standard digital format,
> and it is
> the *player* that outputs NTSC or PAL as required. There'sa lot of
> info on this here, for example: http://www.michaeldvd.com.
> au/Articles/
> PALvsNTSC/PALvsNTSC.asp

Thanks! I was wondering that myself, just after mentioning the NTSC/PAL
frustration. Still, there are plenty of old movies that seem to be
available only on tape, which IS NTSC or PAL only, and there's the whole
VHS/Beta divide as well... ;->=

By the way, anyone have an AAR? If I can't get a game up, I'd purely
appreciate a vicarious thrill...

Hell, I'd read a gropo rambling with gratitude!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] for the Babylon 5 fans out there... Next: AARs (was: Re: [GZG] for the Babylon 5 fans out there...)