Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest batch of new FT ships, Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest batch of new FT ships, and a 4th July Special!

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest batch of new FT ships,

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 09:58:27 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Latest batch of new FT ships,

>Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>  Each to their own, it's all a matter of personal taste - which is
why
>>  we're keeping the old designs in production alongside the new ones,
>>  at least until moulds wear out....	:-)
>
>Does this mean the original masters or master moulds are wearing out?
>I thought these last for almost infinity.

The metal master castings (produced from the original master moulds)
can be re-used to make almost endless number of replacement
production moulds - the question is, as the current set of production
moulds wear out, are future sales of the old designs going to warrant
the time and expense of making new replacement production moulds for
them, or do we just let them go quietly OOP?
So it's not a question of whether we CAN replace worn-out moulds
(yes, we can) it's whether it is commercially viable to do so now
that all the new designs are out.

Jon (GZG)