Prev: Re: [GZG] So many questions Next: Re: [GZG] So many questions

Re: [GZG] So many questions

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:04:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] So many questions

> Hi James,
>
> I'll take the DSII questions for you. :)
>
> > Anyone care to clear
> > things up for me? One thing that I found unclear for Dirtside II was
the
> > rules for infantry firing upon vehicles. Do they still need to test
for
> > effective fire as described in the rules for infantry firefights?
>
> No.  The test for effective fire boils down to determining how
effective
> *small arms fire against other infantry/soft targets* is.  Each stand
that
> has an IAVR can fire it an enemy tank using normal anti-vehicle firing
> rules.

Actually, in the example on page 34 it says that "all" the infantry
units
had to check for effectiveness against targets, one of which is a tank.
If
that example wasn't there, I would have echoed with your statement
above.
Specifically:

"Having passed his FIRE EFFECTIVENESS check against his unit's Quality
and
Confidence and determined that ALL of the elements may fire for effect,
the
player activating unit A decides [...] that Team A3 will use an IAVR
against
the vehicle (B3)."

Emphasis Jon's. ;-)

> (It is a
> > different situation when you're firing a missile at a tank 3.6km
away
> than
> > when you're enaging infantry at say 500m.) I'm guessing that IAVR
shots
> > are affected by checks for effective fire. On that topic, do manpad
LAD
> > and mortars need to make effectiveness checks as well?
> >

> Also no.
>
> Ok.  Now that I've said that, since it's not completely clear in the
> rules, note that that is how my gaming group played it.  Jon could
certainly
> chime in to override me with how he actually intended for it to be
played.
> :)

Jon has final arbitration rights on all posts. ;-)

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] So many questions Next: Re: [GZG] So many questions