Prev: Re: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons Next: Re: [GZG] FW: [ct-striker] TRAVELLERcon/USA

Fw: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons

From: "Tony" <a.leibrick@b...>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 19:52:20 +0100
Subject: Fw: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons

Robert	wrote
> Seems too cheap for twice the damage and 75% of the range. I'd either
drop
> the range bands to 6mu or increase the mass. Or maybe they could have
the
> same damage as beams, but only take up 75% of the mass.
>
> There HAS to be a reason everyone switched to beams, after all.

I wanted to keep the mass the same as canon weapons

The weapons were produced by tinkering with the stats.
If you double the mass you either increase the range band by 50%, or you

double the damage and if you half the weapon mass, it decreases the
range to
2/3rds or halves the damage.
So if you carry out both adjustments to bring the weapon back to it's
original mass
you end with 2/3rd range and double damage or 150% range and 1/2 damage.

Tony

Prev: Re: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons Next: Re: [GZG] FW: [ct-striker] TRAVELLERcon/USA