Prev: RE: [GZG] FW: [ct-striker] TRAVELLERcon/USA Next: Fw: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons

Re: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons

From: "Robert Crawford" <crawford@k...>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 12:00:23 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons

Tony wrote:
> Here are a few weapon ideas produced by tinkering with the basic
stats.
> I would appreciate any feed back.
>
> Fusion Beam
> Envisaged as an earlier ship mounted weapon system before the standard
> beam
> became common.
> Mass and cost as Beam
> Range 8mu  brackets per weapon class
> Damage as per standard beam x2 (die result 4-5= 2hits, 6=4hits)
> Screens- as beams
> Armour- as beams

Seems too cheap for twice the damage and 75% of the range. I'd either
drop
the range bands to 6mu or increase the mass. Or maybe they could have
the
same damage as beams, but only take up 75% of the mass.

There HAS to be a reason everyone switched to beams, after all.

Prev: RE: [GZG] FW: [ct-striker] TRAVELLERcon/USA Next: Fw: [GZG] Tinkering with weapons