Prev: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!) Next: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re:[GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:02:13 +1200
Subject: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re:[GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oerjan Ariander" <oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se>

> Doug wrote:
>
>>Fair enough, though my suggestion was intended towards larger, already
>>detailed parts.
>
> I was replying to John Tailby though :-/
>
> However, there's very little point in having a basic "turret" or
"hull"
> piece if the "add-on" pieces are going to cover most of it anyway so
the
> "larger parts" in question are effectively the turret and the 1-3 hull

> sections. From the manufacturing-logistics point of view, that makes
> variants of the same basic vehicle effectively the same as entirely
> separate models.
>
> Later,
>
> Oerjan
> oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se

My suggestion was based on the approach taken by Battlefront in their
manufacture of flames of war models.

They produce a very nice range of WW2 vehicles in 15mm.
Their range includes "vehicle stowage" packs.
Tanks kits come with different turret variations and separate spaced
armor /
skirts.

A similar approach could be taken with the GZG range. This would produce

different models of the same tank and or tanks as modified by their new
owners. Especially for lower tech gear that has had add on packs to
upgrade
it's life span.