Prev: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!) Next: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re:[GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:56:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Nailing Dirtside/Stargrunt Chamber Pots (was Re: [GZG] More re: [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....!)

On 4/23/07, Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se> wrote:
> I strongly suspect that the Merk4 has the same kind of armour
arrangement
> as the front turret armour of the Leo2 A5 and later - looks like a
shot
> trap, but isn't.

I wondered about that. The Leo2 A5 and A6 in particular look like the
front of the turret would act as a turret trap, funnelling a shot to
that part of the tank either down into the driving compartment or into
the turret ring. Is it not a shot trap because of the sharp angle?

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com