Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....! Next: RE: [GZG] New GZG 15mm vehicle pics

RE: [GZG] New GZG 15mm vehicle pics

From: "John Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:58:57 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: [GZG] New GZG 15mm vehicle pics

It can be as flawed as you like.  I say that I hate 15mm.  It should be
ok for me to hate them. YOU can like or love them. It bothers me not.
My response to Mark was supposed to be very tongue in cheek.

I'm happy to drop this now.

> I find this a bit flawed,
>

> "Further, most people that I've talked to about why they switch to
15s,
> claim to do so for cost reasons.  "15s is cheeper than 25s". But many
of
> those same people won't do 6mm.  "6s are too small."	I find that to
be a
>  specious set of arguments.  Folks claim that it's a cost issue, but
6mm
> is cheaper than 15mm.  They claim that the 6mm stuff is too small, but
> never say *why* they are too small."
>

> The price thing and size thing are separate arguments.  I switched to
> 15mm for a number of reasons, myself.  6mm may be too small for
exactly
> the same reason you do not like 15mm.  15mm is just small enough to
reduce
> price while maintaining the character of the figures.  You can get a
good
> amount of detail in 15mm without having to bankrupt yourself.  15mm is
> also still big enough for conversions and customizing.  So, yes, for
some
> 6mm is definitely too small.
>

> -Eli

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Salute releases....! Next: RE: [GZG] New GZG 15mm vehicle pics