Prev: Re: [GZG]FirstlookatnewNSLships!:-) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: RE: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles (a touch OT perhaps)

[GZG] IF Heavy Missles

From: Mintroll <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:12:27 +0000
Subject: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles

David  wrote:

>Does anyone regually play them, and do you have any advise on using
them? The NI fleet >seems well protected against missle attacks, which
will cut down my punch considerably.

In our campaign, one player has missile boxes... firing upwards of 50 HM
at once, it's not a lot of fun to fly into certain death, well it is
kind of amusing; the challenge is to get him before you die - since
missiles attack at the end of the turn.

We found in small numbers, especially under the 'latest' fighter rules
that we use, they just get shot down unless they're carefully used, same
as AMTs. Swamping the larger ships with short range missiles, each doing
3d6 damage ignoring screens, can be lethal most of the time.

Of course, it's hard to hit smaller ships, we use vector movements, and
the 3mu lock on range makes hitting anything with thrust 6 or more
tricky, unless you do missile spreads covering all possible exit
trajectories.

Simon

Prev: Re: [GZG]FirstlookatnewNSLships!:-) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: RE: [GZG] IF Heavy Missles (a touch OT perhaps)