Prev: RE: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc Next: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc

Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc...

From: "Joseph McKeen" <deredo@h...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:27:16 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc...

Greetings from rainy Mainz (Germany)

Well for what it's worth, after reading some of the Starfist novels I
really
liked the idea of the Skinks as opposition forces to human troops such
as
the NAC or NSL forces and as their rank and file troops were not
described
as being too high tech (compared to the human Marines with their
chameleon
suits...) but who's natural abilities largely allowed them to negate
some of
the Marines High-Tech advantage.
As the Skinks are bipedal amphibians with "hands" who use an "acid
throwing"
sort of weapon I opted to use the PAU figures as the basis for them and
in
reality only needed to do a head swap using the Games Workshops older
style
Skinks. It will be more difficult to create the "Large ones" which
appear to
be an "Über Skink" but hey it is a fun project to dabble in...

but other than the obligatory "Greys"  and a few of the WEG aliens from
the
Star Wars setting I don't have much in the way of aliens in my
collection, I
think it is like David Drake once said "I don't write much about aliens,

because I never was one...!"  (or somthing to that effect)

Regards,
Joe

Prev: RE: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc Next: Re: [GZG] [Aliens] was Re: FMA at EEC etc