Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG-X AAR Next: Re: [GZG] Test message -- did this get through?

Re: [GZG] GZG-X AAR

From: VinsFullThrust@a...
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:08:23 EST
Subject: Re: [GZG] GZG-X AAR

First I would like to thank all the people who made GZG-ECC X happen.
Indy – Jon – Jerry, of course it was a spectacular time with great
games,
with great friends.
I don’t think the weather made any difference in the fun we all  had.
I ran the game on Saturday afternoon “Uninvited Guests”
This game was based on an on going scenario I been running in Ohio among
 our
local gaming group and the games I have put on at GZG-ECC and other
cons.
The background of the game is the NAC and IJN have become allies in a
long
war with the FSE – ESU that has lasted over 4 years now. ESU and
primarily
been man handling the NAC forces while the IJN have been womping the FSE
back to
the stone ages.
This time, the FSE have been beaten so bad, they were forced to begin
recommissioning ships that were moth balled more then 20 years ago. The
IJN  assumed
this would be a quick battle for the final thrust in to FSE to force the

French in to a peace on Japanese terms.
Meanwhile, the NSL had been pushed by both the IJN and the FSE to shoes
side to ally with. Which of course the NS did not to kindly to in the
attempt to
 be forced in to choosing. Forced by the IJN choosing to take the battle
to a
 near by OUDF territory that was under the protection of the NSL. The
FSE
thought  as defenders, they could manipulate the NSL into siding with
them.
The IJN led the attack with 2 main fleets:
2 carrier task forces and a battleship task force
While the FSE responded with:
2 Battledreadnought forces and a carrier force
The NSL showed up with what they do best, a lot of BIG ASS  Guns
2 Battledreadnought task forces
IJN - 2CVL, 1BB, 6CH, 2CE, 4CL, 10DD
NSL – 2BDN, 2BB, 3BC, 2CH, 2CE, 1CL, 3DH, 4DD
FSE – 1CVL, 2BDN, 3BC, 2CA, 2CE, 4CL, 4DH, 6DD
An interesting plot as the IJN decided to split their forces and send a

carrier force to engage the NSL and delay them from doing anything while
the
remaining Japanese forces took on the FSE. The carrier force was just
plainly
violated by the NSL forces. The FSE saturated the sector in SMs that the

Japanese in shorts laughed and swatted them away like flies, to only be
manhandled
by superior number of guns facing them. The IJN lost both carrier
forces and
75% of the battleship force. Leaving the FSE to completing their
objuective
and stopping the IJN strike. Without losing any of their capitals.
The final strike for the Japanese did not go as they liked and they were

forced to withdraw with their Battleship heavily damaged and forcing the
war to
continue..
This means I will be holding yet another game next year for those
interested.
Thank you all for gaming and the Con and I will look forward to see you
all
next year…
Vince  Johnston
AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free

safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from
across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.

Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG-X AAR Next: Re: [GZG] Test message -- did this get through?