Prev: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers Next: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers

Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers

From: Mike Hillsgrove <mikeah@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 21:48:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers

Why, are we assuming that the standard "classes" ala the wet navies of
today will have any bearing on how ships of the future will be
designed.  The old WWII "classes" have been pretty well replaced today.

We still have aircraft carriers, but the DD, DE, Cruisers, BB's, BC's
are all gone. They've been replaced with Frigates of various
specialties.  Weaponry has invalidated the heavy armament and now the
smallest frigate can annihilate the largest BB that ever existed at
ranges way beyond any gun range.  Why do we assume that the WWII model
will prevail 200 years from now?

Prev: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers Next: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers