Prev: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers Next: RE: [GZG] [FT] Multi-ability fighter costings

Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@p...>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 17:34:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers

Richard Bell wrote:
> I recently read the "Tough Guide to the Universe" and got a small bee
> up my nose about how the author used the term "battlecruiser".
> Although, what he really got right was that any ship labelled
> "battlecruiser" gets its coolness factor upped several notches, so
> long as it is fast and has big guns.
>
> It got me thinking about how battlecruisers are handled in games.
> They are usually ships between a heavy cruiser and a battleship.

Classifying warships is always fraught with peril.
I have a very simplistic system here:
http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3t.html#shipgrid
that you may get a chuckle out of.

More to the point, it might give you an idea on
how to make a better system using your knowledge.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Battlecruisers Next: RE: [GZG] [FT] Multi-ability fighter costings