Prev: Re: [GZG] Anime Walkers (Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences?) Next: Re: [GZG]OT - Wish me luck

Re: [GZG] Anime Walkers (Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences?)

From: maserati@s...
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 00:44:30 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Anime Walkers (Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences?)

I've always assumed that having leg-mounted thrusters would give a
maneuvering advantage. They can be easily reoriented for rapid maneuvers
or for straight acceleration. I can just see a VF-1A balanced midair on
one leg and using the other for evasive action. A lot of the action in
the various Gundam series takes place in space, and it seems to work for
them - the mechanical designers for those series were careful to create
'space' variants with extra thrusters and other equipment.

And with the slightest slip of the controls the pilot will wish he had a
cybernetic inner ear as a catastrophic spin would be very easy to get
into.

Yeah, barmy fun but we wouldn't have Lightning Strike without it.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Anime Walkers (Quick survey - 15mm SF preferences?) Next: Re: [GZG]OT - Wish me luck