Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

Re: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:28:53 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

>A. It's time to get a ghost writer(s). Jon should retain editing for
quality and style, but someone else needs to do the heavy lifting.

If you want fluff content, give me a couple of ideas and I'll fill the
book in a week. But unfortunately a rule book is not fluff. The playtest
process takes a godawful long time because we have to come up with an
idea which works, is plausible, is (ideally) backwards compatible, does
not unbalance other systems, and is simple enough that Jon will agree to
it.

What *I* would like is to put up FMAS Beta, DS3 Beta, FT3 Beta, up on
the web site this week. Mark them as "In Testing"--nobody can complain
about an unfinished product because it's a free download. Post a
Feedback link that goes to the Playtest List, and give a couple of the
Playtest team authority to post FAQs on the GZG site. Then do an update
about quarterly.

Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)