Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

From: "pcelella" <pcelella@c...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 19:29:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)

> Robert W. Eldridge wrote:
>> I'm very enthused with the idea of a 15MM company level game. The
only
>> reason I haven't bought a lot of the 15MM figures already is because
>> didn't think there was a suitable game system for them.
>>
>> I'm a big fan of Flames of War and it works very well at the company
>> level.
>> If Jon can come up with something similar for the Sci-Fi world, it
would
>> be
>> great.

I've got a bunch of gaming buddies that meet regularly at the local
hobby
shop who are very much into Flames of War. I've tried to talk them into
Stargrunt without much success yet. If Stargrunt was modified to play at

reinforced company level with 15mm figures based on Flames of War style
stands, I know I would be able to immediately gain a half dozen new
players.

It would probably be great also if you could do the same with 25mm figs.
wouldn't want to have these based on stands, but maybe if you needed to
somehow keep them within an equivalent distance as if they were stand
mounted, that could work out. That way I could try and drag some of the
40k
and Warmachine players in using the figs they already have.

Prev: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted) Next: Re: Blue Sky Thinking (was: Re: [GZG] re: Wanted)