Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? Plama bolts Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest

RE: [GZG]Re:FullThrustPlaytest?Plasmabolts [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:27:59 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG]Re:FullThrustPlaytest?Plasmabolts [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

In webgames and FtF games, this seems the better use for plasma (cheap
anti-missile/fighter) in the early part of the game.  Once the incoming
ordinance falls off, I start targetting them offensively using "rolling
wave" tactics (1/2 the PBLs launch each turn).	They tend not to do a
lot of
damage over the game, but the area effect and the constant barrages
whittles
the hulls down and/or forces them to move so less weapons can be
targetted
at me.

As for the fractional-C tactics, last time I saw that, it was the Phalon
DD
fleet doing that and dumping 10+ PBL-1 per turn at me (well placed
fighters
and random manoeuvres from my KV popped enough that I could close with
impugnity later in the game.)

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernsk/

On Behalf Of Eric Foley
> Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 2:07 PM
> Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? Plama bolts
>
> I've played with lots of custom designs with plasma bolts,
> and I only really ever came up with one good use for PBL-1's,
> which was to use them on low-maneuverability superships as
> area defense against salvo missiles in case they didn't have
> enough banzai jammers and/or point defenses to avoid being
> annihilated.	Usually the superships had a few token banzai
> jammers anyway, but they had the PBL-1's as a final defense
> against missiles anyway.
> Taking a d6 or  two of damage that might not even go through
> their screens was a lot better than getting pegged by 50
> salvoes of missiles.

IMPORTANT
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
information
   for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
   please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
not
   a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
publications
   and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
messages.
emails

   of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? Plama bolts Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest