Prev: [GZG] Full Thrust 3rd Ed (Simon White) Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? organic tech

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@v...>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:04:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust Playtest

>> I'm deliberately not specifying set up information except in one
case:
>> I'd like someone to try a missile fleet (Islamic Fed missile variants
or
>> custom.missile barges) vs a slow moving NSL fleet.

> In regard to you last type of game. We did custom missile barges
against
> custom slow moving fleets ~18 months ago. The custom missile barges
won
> almost always.
> The way to beat the firepower required interceptor fighters, massed
PDS
> and ADFC as well as sacrificial decoys and escorts.

Did you try it using the Unified Fighter Proposal (including anti-ship
weapons being able to shoot at missiles)? That's what I'm interested in:
plain NSL fleet, no banzai jammers, no fighters, versus a  missile
fleet.

> For a custom missile barge try

Yeah, that's about what I had in mind. You can squeeze in a couple more
missiles, I expect, if you have Mass 104 or something similar.

> People have humorous arguments with this kind of ship, about whether
it
> should get a mass reduction and therefore an increase in drive speed
when
> it launches its missiles.

That would be plausible, but most ships don't launch enough missiles for
it
to make a difference. This one would drop mass by 32, to 68. You'd get
Thrust 4.

Prev: [GZG] Full Thrust 3rd Ed (Simon White) Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? organic tech