Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? Plama bolts Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? organic tech

Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@r...>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:29:04 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

Vince wrote:

>>I'm curious here: How do you outnumber an enemy whose ships are rather
>>cheaper per Mass than yours are, or outmanoeuvre an enemy whose
slowest
>>ships can make turns twice as tight as your fastest escorts?
>
>One, as said earlier that I do agree with completely. Raise the cost of

>each class.

That works if you only ever play with the published designs. *You* do,
yes;
but unless we force everyone else to do so too simply raising the points

value doesn't solve the problem.

>besides, SV still have to allocate power to several systems, they cant
arm
>all systmes and out manuever an enemt reguardless hos much power gens
you
>gave them.

The *FB2* SV designs don't have enough power to do it, but optimized SV
designs do. It doesn't take much power to outmanoeuvre humans or
Phalons;
outmanoeuvring Kraks is a bit harder but still doable. For example, that

64-power battleship discussed in my previous post would be able to
outmanouevre any of the FB2 Kra'Vak designs and still have 46 power
points
to spare for arming its weapons.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? Plama bolts Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? organic tech