Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White) Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? Plama bolts

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@r...>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:24:11 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? Plama bolts

John Tailby wrote:

>Currently there is no incentive to use bigger than size 1 plasma bolts

There is one such incentive, though not a very strong one: each Plasma
Bolt
Launcher needs a separate operational FCS in order to launch. IOW, if
you
have 6 PBL-1s you need 6 operational FCSs to launch all of them at once,

whereas if you have 1 PBL-6 you only need 1 operational FCS to launch.

But yes, we're aware that the FCS requirement isn't enough to outweigh
the
advantages of many small PBLs over a single big one.

>The problem with using it the way it is is that it is a big mass hog
and
>you get no mass reduction for larger systems.

1 PBL-6 + 1 FCS = 31 Mass

6 PBL-1 + 6 FCS = 36 Mass

Looks like a Mass reduction to me, though as I said above it isn't big
enough.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@rixmail.se

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White) Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)